This is the 13th episode of the Security Justice podcast recorded May 20th 2009 live at Mavis Winkle’s Irish Pub! This episode was hosted by Tom, Dave and Chris with special guest The Security Shoggoth! Music provided by dualCORE! Thanks to everyone listening to the live stream and for participating in the chat via IRC.
Website Plug of the Month: Liquidmatrix Security Digest is a fantastic security blog/news site. Created by Dave Lewis (@gattaca) with guest posts by James Arlen (@myrcurial, creator of the term “cyberdouchery“) , Security Intern (@Securityintern), Matt Johansen (@mattj) and Zach Lanier (@quine).
Here are the topics covered during the podcast and show notes:
- Notacon 6 recap!
- Become our fan on Facebook…it’s a real Facebook page, not designed to pwn you. We promise!
- Northeast Ohio Information Security Forum update
- New School Man-in-the-Middle
- Finding and detecting Malicious PDF’s. Tyler’s Snort signature. Didier Steven’s fantastic PDF analysis tools.
- Your deleted Tweets are not deleted
- Interview FAIL – You never know who is watching or listening!
- Chris’ adventure with his Dell Mini9
- Census GPS-tagging your home’s front door
- Security Justice Open Discussion(s): Security certifications/training, Microsoft pirated software..not helping the patching problem? Interesting Apple Mac discussion…Apple security research, patches, iPhone presenter FAIL and more!
Please send show feedback to feedback [aT] securityjustice.com or comment below. Thanks for listening!